My blog periodically contains affiliate links meaning that if you make a purchase, I might make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Purchases made through them are greatly appreciated.
In this post I share my neighbors process on his very cool pallet wine holder gift. Brian and his wife bought a cabin in Tennessee have been renting it out as an airbnb. The name of their cabin is Stoneybrook Mountain Lodge. Brian makes these really cool pallet wine holder gifts for their guests. Such a nice touch that is always appreciated.
Steps to make a cool Pallet wine holder Gift
- Using a wood plank from the Pallet, Brian cuts them down to 10″x3 1/2″ pieces
- He then uses a drill press to make the center hole.
- Afterwards, he uses a band saw for the notches on the two sides for the wine glasses.
- Using an electrical mouse sander, smooth all the rough edges and surfaces.
- Each piece is stained with a wood stain. This depends on the wood type and Brian’s decision for each piece.
- No two wine holders are the same!
I had originally stopped by his workshop so that he could cut a piece of pallet wood for me for my next DIY project. STAY TUNED! I was so intrigued with all his gadgets. My biggest endeavor with wood at the moment is painting my wood furniture. You can read that process here. But I plan on utilizing some of these wood ideas to incorporate into future projects.
He showed me his stack of pallet wood and told me all the different wood types. (yeah… I don’t know if I could ever tell on my own) This is such a great and easy gift to make and have on hand. He has made some really cool pallet flower planters (see above) as well as some really cool American flag/cross wood reliefs on reclaimed wood. So amazing to have a fellow Craftsman as my neighbor!
I tried my hand on the Miter saw and in a moment realized, I would leave it up to the experts. My designing is definitely more my strength. So many unlimited options!