My blog periodically contains affiliate links meaning that if you make a purchase, I might make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Purchases made through them are greatly appreciated.
In this post I created 14 valentine’s day wine tags that are free. Yes, I created 14 to commemorate the date! All you need to do is download below. Perfect to tie around the neck of a wine bottle with some decorative ribbon, or string as a quick fun gift. There are 14 Valentine’s day wine tags to choose from!
Perfect gift for Valentine’s day… besides flowers.
I made Wine tags for the holidays that were really fun, you can check that out here. How many times have you been invited somewhere and want to bring something with you? These fun Valentines day tags are printable and make any wine bottle an instant gift. I used a hole punch, some ribbon and in some cases wrapping paper. You can also use tissue paper or brown parcel paper. A little imagination and you have a beautifully wrapped wine bottle as a gift.
Supplies for these great Valentines day wine tags
- Red ribbon– of course! red is perfect for. Valentine’s day!
- Hole puncher– preprinted circles on each tag make it easy to use a hole punch.
- Gold Metallic ribbon– Perfect to wrap around neck of bottle and thread one of the labels through. Makes a very festive look.
- Embroidery floss– I used this on a few of the bottles, good replacement if there isn’t ribbon available.
- Epson presentation Paper– You can use regular paper, I suggest this for brighter printed colors.
- Tissue Paper– can wrap bottles with this for extra wrapping.
- Contact Paper– use this to seal labels with a matte finish.
- Packing Tape w gun– Use this to seal the labels for a shiny finish.
Technique in making sealed tags
Most of us have inkjet printers in our homes. This means if the printed paper or cardstock gets wet, the ink will bleed. Our tags work perfectly on a bottle of red, but what do we do if we want to add these tags to an already chilled bottle of white, or champagne? The condensation from these bottles will make the tags wet and not presentable. I have the Perfect solution for this. We need to seal the labels so that moisture will not make the paper wet, or the ink bleed. Below are two methods depending on what you have in your house or the look you are going for.
- First method: Use contact paper. You can peel off the back the contact paper and lay the sticky side up. Then place your printed page right side up. Then with another piece of contact paper, peel and place sticky side down on top of the printed side. Cut around the shape of the tag, add a hole punch and Voilá! you have a sealed matte finish tag!
- Second method: you can use clear packing tape. Tape the back of your sheet of wine tags. Then flip right side up, tape the front of the tags, then cut the desired shape add a hole punch. Presto! you now have a shiny finished label!
As a wine drinker I love having accessories. I regularly use an Aerator for my Red wines. Also have a small supply of wine stoppers for when I don’t finish a bottle, which doesn’t happen too often! adding a wine accessory can also complete your gift giving and will be around a lot longer than that bottle of wine. See below for some unique accessories to add!
Additional uses for these Wine tags
Some of these tags are good to use, not only around a wine bottle neck but on other gifts. You can cut out and tie with a ribbon on a small gift, or box of chocolates to make your gift extra special.
Free download Valentine’s day tags below
Share your use of these wine tags
I love to see how people use what I create. Share below any ideas or images on your Valentines day wine tags that you have used, for ether a wine bottle or other gift.