My blog periodically contains affiliate links meaning that if you make a purchase, I might make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Purchases made through them are greatly appreciated.
Ok, this is my favorite season, I cannot lie! I get so excited when I get to research spring 2021 color trend. We emerge out of the bleak winter and spring is always about renewal and hope. Thankfully this year will have some good things ahead. Color trend this spring is all about invoking this feeling.
This is the foundation of everything for me in design. So I always start with color. Spring 2021 color trend has a definitive color look this year. Not only am I finding this in women’s this color trend, but kids fashion is mirroring these colors as well. You can look at the runway for color trend. However a lot of these styles and looks are beyond most people. Great to look at, but how does it apply to us?
After researching the runway for spring 2021 color trend. I compiled each color into ready to buy looks. I am going to break down each color into its own palette and give you actual apparel that you can wear everyday. Most color trend posts are all about what’s on the runway. Well if you are me, I am not buying any runway looks at the moment. So as I see it, here are the most updated looks in color trends for Spring 2021.
Another resource to find Spring 2021 color is looking at the “color of the year” from Pantone. Their colors of the year are yellow and grey. PANTONE 17-5104 Ultimate Gray + PANTONE 13-0647 Illuminating. Pantone’s Color of the Year reflects color trends in fashion, beauty, design and home decor, etc. Their message is one of hope as well. Their statement of these colors are: “A marriage of color conveying a message of strength and hopefulness that is both enduring and uplifting.”
Spring color trend- Orange
This comes in many shades, from bright to burnt. Orange is a bright,fun color and so perfect for spring! I will be using this as a main color in my spring designing this season.
- Minnie Polka Dot Maxi Dress– a preppy polka dot print make this dress a feminine essential. Perfect for an outside party.
- Abbot Wide-Leg Pants– These wide-leg pants are a must have and comes in a range of colors!
- Jordan Square Sunglasses– an dramatic silhouette that can finish off any spring look perfectly.
- Sorel Kinetic Impact Mesh Sneakers– fashion-forward as they are comfortable. Loving the bright orange color.
- Maeve Suzannah Maxi Dress-this waistless maxi dress is perfect for spring. Light and airy.
- Linen Connor Cropped Chore Jacket– Chilly summer nights, AC office days—this cropped chore coat is the one you’ll wanna wear all the time. The trend of shackets are every where. You can read about this trend here in one of my past blog posts.
- Ribbed Square-Neck Tank Top– Slim and ribbed, this square-neck tank is a buy-it-in-every-color situation. Obviously we love it with jeans, but it’s also so good with full skirts
Color trend – gold
From tints of pale yellow that can be used as a neutral to shades ranging all the way to a marigold and all the colors inbetween.
- Pilcro Denim Trucker Jacket -This iconic layering jacket feels fresh when styled with a swingy skirt or dress. A colored version of the “denim Jacket”
- Layla Embroidered Blouse-Sophisticated and sweet, this peasant blouse is a charming staple for the season.Love all the embroidered details.
- Abbot Wide-Leg Pants -These wide-leg pants have both to spare – they dissolve the distinction between what you have to wear and what you want to wear.
- Airyterry Stitched-Pocket Sweatshorts-Combining ubercomfy fits with luxe sustainable fabrics, I love these cozy shorts. Perfect pairing with its matching hoodie counterpart.
- Airyterry Hoodie Sweatshirt-this perfectly cropped hoodie sweatshirt has all kinds of special details from just-a-touch-puffed sleeves to cool forward seams with subtle slits on the band. Perfect counterpart with the matching shorts.
- Textured Mini Skirt– stylish mini skirt in a great texture with fun buttons, a definite retro look in this a-line silhouette.
- On Cloudventure Waterproof Trail Sneakers-Lightweight and waterproof, these sneakers are a versatile option for exploring a new trail or running errands in the rain.
Spring color trend -Coral
Coral is a pink orange that can sit in both these color buckets. Bright to corals to icy peaches. So fun for the spring!
- Callie Seamless V-Back Top-With scalloped touches, this top is a comfortable layer you’ll love to sport through the spring and into the following seasons.
- Pilcro The Sora Henley Blouse -breezy textured gauze top great staple that comes with a great punch of color.
- Angela Readers– fun frames for reading your favorite blog posts! Like Double Arrow Designs!
- Roller Rabbit Tianna Cover-Up Top– This comes with a matching wide leg pant, this pair is a perfect sunny day lounge outfit. Love the fringe trim details.
- Superbrushed Easygoing Hoodie Sweatshirt-this classic hoodie sweatshirt has a kangaroo pocket in front and ribbed insets on the sleeves.
- Jemari Off-Shoulder Ruffle Dress– designed perfectly for a spring day! Check out madewell for their mission statements. I love what they stand for.
- havaianas flip flop-A beach-ready flip-flop is updated with a slim strap and a cushy footbed for sweet, stylish comfort. Everyone needs a least one pair of these for those beach going days.
Color trend- Khaki-
Ok I’m sneaking this in! The pieces below made for such a great mood board. Yes,this is what I do with my time. Maybe this isn’t a color trend, more like an everyday staple since its neutral, however pairing these neutrals with a pop color for spring makes a huge statement. My favorite pairing at the moment is these neutrals with coral, try it out!
- Sydney Embroidered Utility Jumpsuit– This utilitarian jumpsuit features embroidered flourishes at the pockets, infusing everyday looks with an air of effortless femininity.
- Blanche Midi Sweater Skirt– This asymetrical sweater skirt packs a great fashion look! So comfy yet chic.
- Sorel Out N About Sneakers-Water-resistant flyknit and suede upper
- Pilcro Shawn Balloon-Leg Pants-Whether you’re looking for something sleek and skinny to take you from desk to dinner or something relaxed and distressed for weekend wear
- Faithfull Rianne Wrap Mini Dress-A wrapped silhouette and a breezy linen finish ensure this mini will be a favorite for warmer days.These exaggerated sleeves are a huge trend this season.
Color trend- Mint
Such a pop color for spring, bright and pretty! Look at all the ranges from light aquas to mint greens to richer teals.
- Rebecca Smocked Top-dramatic sleeves impart an air of easy-breezy sophistication, love the tie front detail that adds a feminine touch. This top is the perfect match for everyday denim and sneakers.
- Maren Tulle Midi Skirt-Tiers of romantic tulle, this twirl-worthy skirt is sure to make heads turn – just add a sweater and a favorite pair of shoes.
- Elliott Shirt Jacket– great layering piece in a fun trend right neutral color. Again this shacket trend is here to stay for awhile, so many great layering pieces out there at the moment.
- Surf Henley Blouse-This henley-style top pairs perfectly with slim denim and crisp white sneakers.Love the plaid pattern that weaves in subtle colors and textures.
- Garment-Dyed Relaxed Coverall Jumpsuit-A worn-in look, these relaxed coveralls have vintage-y workwear details.
- Blythe Knotted Headband-a playful pairing of stripes and florals, this headband is a sweet addition to any outfit. Check out the variety that this comes in.
Trend alert- Hot Pink
Bright pinks remind me of my 80’s hey day! Check out how that neutral khaki works with the hot pink skirt- such a perfect pair.
- Pilcro Kimberly Maxi Dress-Easygoing yet feminine, this shirtdress is an ideal staple. the tiered look gives it a flowy silhouette.
- Sundry Classic Hoodie– Fun hoodie with matching joggers.The ombre drawstring gives a fun pop of color on the backdrop for this pink set.
- Harmony Lace Blouse-For an effortlessly pulled-together look, style this breezy lace blouse with slim denim and your go-to flats.
- Angelina Tulle Maxi Skirt– Loving these skirts! Stunning and sophisticated, this dreamy tulle skirt is sure to send your heart aflutter. Perfect for that twirl affect.
- Ruffled One-Shoulder Blouse– This one shoulder look lends itself to a great dramatic piece for your warddrobe. Perfect for a date night and not in a boring black color.
- Ruffled Blouse– WOW ! This dramatic balloon sleeves meet a pleated, ruffled bib is a showstopper!
MADEWELL– great spring 2021 colors
Another way to check out a seasons palette is by looking at some retailers palette they are using in basics. Madewell has a line of v neck tees that really follow the spring trend! Isn’t it fun to find runway colors in basic tees? check the assortment below.
Additional trend colors for Spring 2021
Additional colors trending this spring are lavender and blue. All of the colors that I have shown are so bright and pretty. I am so inspired for the upcoming season and all it has in store for us. I am looking forward to designing spring and using these colors in my palette. Share below any great finds in this supercharged spring 2021 color trend.