In this blog I write about where to shop for your preteen girl. This is not an easy one. I remember when my one daughter was at this stage. Too big for kids clothes but too young for adult clothes. Lets face it, at this age girls want to look cool, and not babyish. You know it’s time to transition when Justice loses its appeal!
My blog periodically contains affiliate links meaning that if you make a purchase, I might make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Purchases made through them are greatly appreciated.
As a children’s wear designer, my eye is everywhere. I keep track on what is going on in juniors and take it down to toddler sizes when it applies. Currently for the older size range the trends are: wide leg jeans,sweater knits, matchy sets, and cozy layering pieces. What I loved about what I put together is the easy mix for these pieces. Easy to interchange with one another giving you endless outfit options! Masks are still a must have accessory this fall, however I didn’t put them in my fall lineup below ,you can check out my mask post here.
Below I have put together my Nordstrom Tween Girl Picks!
Shop for your Preteen girl at Nordstroms for a full selection below that are great mix ad matchable pieces.
- Wide Leg Romper– Easy smocked one piece no matching required!
- Sadie Jeggings– These are always a winner, super stretchy like leggings but a jean look.
- Assorted 8-Pack Quarter Socks– Love this assortment for all the neutral tones but fun playful patterns.
- Retreat Mini Backpack– stylish Hershel, super cool and pretty!
- Colorblock Cardigan– this layering cardigan in neutrals will go with all my picks above.
- Waffle Knit Twist Front Top & Pants Set– as a set or each piece can be paired with all the other options making room for multiple sets and looks.
- Smile at the Sun Graphic Tee– Fun graphic tee, perfect under a hooded zip up or under a cardigan or by itself.
- Smocked Top– for more of a fashion top, these smocked tops are right on trend.
- Zip-Up Hooded Bomber Jacket– Another great layering piece this neutral grey will lend itslef as the perfect fall jacket.
- The Emma Ram Hem Crop Wide Leg Jeans– Wide legs are making a huge come back, pair this with ay of the tops for a fun up to date set without making your preteen girl look too old.
Below is a list out some retailers that have a great selection for girls in the 7-16 size range.
Shop Target for your Preteen girl
- Chenille Tank Top– these twin sets are great for fall! tank for warmer days then pair with cardigan for cooler days
- Chenille Cropped Cardigan– Pair with the matching tank for a great twin set look
- Jean Jacket– Jean jackets are the top layering piece for the season next to cardigans, so versatile and the denim goes with everything!
- Floral Cinch Front Short Sleeve T-Shirt – this pretty ribbed tee is perfect with a pair of jeans
- Paperbag Waist Pants – for a comfy casual but put together look, it goes great with the tank and cardigan for a complete outfit
- Distressed Girlfriend High-Rise Jeans– A staple for any girls closet
- Commuter Backpack– this neutral backpack can not only be used for school but on the weekends.
- Long Sleeve Square Neck Dress– Great to have this for those special Fall occasions!
- Floral Smocked Jumpsuit– Just like Nordstrom had, see the trend? great one piece.
Shop for your preteen girl additional options below:
PRETEEN INTO TEEN – Check out some good junior selections
The preteen years go by quick, you are shopping at all the above stores than one day your preteen girl is into juniors. Below are some goo transitional stores to bridge the gap of that preteen girl going into Junior.
American Eagle Outfitters This store really has a great comfy aesthetic. My daughter started shopping here after Justice and at 18 , its still a go to store for her.
So there you have my tween girl report! Happy Shopping!
See below for some additional posts that you may find interesting when shopping for apparel.
- Sweater Shorts- Matching sets!
- Two Piece Matching Sets-A Must Have This Season!
- Stylish Shackets That Are Great For Layering