My blog periodically contains affiliate links meaning that if you make a purchase, I might make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Purchases made through them are greatly appreciated.
So if you have been following along, I am redoing my Dining room. Check out my previous post Repurposing A Dining Room- Room Revamp! On one of my walls I am adding floating shelves and will share floating shelf decor ideas. So many options! My floating shelf decor will be focused for my dining room. So let’s get started on how to decorate floating shelves!
Floating shelf decor ideas
- 5” Artificial Reed Plant in Pot– Never again will you have to worry about watering these.
- 3″ Artificial Succulent Plant in Pot Layer in a few in different heights, for more greenery.
- Avril Frame– Perfect to add a favorite photo for display
- Crystal – Sherry – Brandy – Cognac – Snifter – Glasses– Showcase your crystal glasses out in the open!
- Lenox Encore Platinum Crystal Flute– Always ready to celebrate and easy to access.
- Lulu Serving Bowl– Right in reach to use for your next dish, and so pretty perched on a shelf.
- Victoria Taper Candle Holder– These holders add height to your floating shelf items.
- Tulips in Lesterware Wall Art– add some art for a bold pop.
- Lemieux et Cie Decorative Object These fun trinkets sprinkled in between your larger objects give you some visual interest.
- Imogen Frame– This graphic frame is pretty on its own!
- Nested 2 Piece Tray Set– love the leather handles with the wood a functional piece that can be used for many dishes.
Why Floating shelves
These floating shelves will replace my old bulky china cabinet. I will still need storage and decor, so these will be perfect to decorate using floating shelves in my Dining room space.
So I used peel and stick wallpaper on one of my Dining room walls. This was a perfect backdrop for the natural wood floating shelves that will sit above my new repurposed china cabinet base. You can check that post here on peel and stick wallpaper ideas. Now I am ready to decorate my floating shelves!
Check out the below for some floating shelves that can easily be installed, then you will be ready to decorate your floating shelves with a variety of layouts that will be eye catching.
How to display items on your Floating shelves
Decorate Floating shelves not only with decorative items, but things you will use at times. Perfect to display when not in use! Below are some good go to ideas on how to decorate floating shelves.
Flating shelves will be my new china cabinet
Because I am replacing my china cabinet with these floating shelves I will be using it for the following items:
- Crystal glassware
- Serving bowls
No floating shelf decor will be the same! how you decorate your floating shelves will be up to you and the purpose they serve. So have fun with it, they can be rearranged seasonally or annually for a fresh look.
These shelves can be element themed as well. You can repeat your objects with multiple of pieces of artwork that work together, sprinkled in with smaller accessories such as books, and vases, or trinkets.
Choose a color theme
Whether it’s a neutral look, or themed in a color like blue. You can choose a color theme for your floating shelves depending on your room and decor.
Wooden plank and dark brown finish, can stack a few of these for additional shelving
Double up on your floating shelves
Two floating shelves will work well together. Either one on top of the other or asymmetrical. Either way they will work well together!
If you are working with one shelf you can have a central wow piece accented with supporting elements that bring your eye back to center.
Made from solid pine wood and features a distressed white finish for a vintage look. This shelf is available in different sizes.
Variety of heights
When choosing your items for your floating shelves pick things that have varying heights to add interest and depth to your shelves
Evonne Solid Wood Floating Shelf (Set of 2) Shown in white, these blend perfectly with white walls for a more unified look.
Layering up on objects
Stack like objects from big to small and layer multiple objects on one shelf. add vertical as well as horizontal objects as shown on lower shelf for more interest and depth.
Sleek Authentic Rough Cut Floating Shelves will add a rustic yet modern feel. Easy to mount with hardware included.
Floating Shelf Decor Ideas
There are lots of items that can work on these floating shelves. Check out the list below for some easy ideas for to decorate your floating shelves.
- Artificial Echeveria Plant in Planter– No need to water!
- Kina Vase– these colorful artfully crafted ceramic vases are beautiful for display when not housing flowers
- Vintage Real Decorative Book Set– This stack is made for display!
- Petite Pooch Trinket Dish– stash your trinkets in these adorable covered dishes
- Flora Taper Candle Holder
- Zelda Frame– Love these! comes in three neutral colors that will go with everything.
- Knotted Decorative Bowl– pretty on their own!
Add lighting to your floating shelves
Once these floating shelves are installed you can stick battery operated puck lights on the underside of these shelves. With just a touch, or a remote nearby, they will illuminate underneath giving you a dramatic finishing touch to these floating shelves. Below are some options:
- Wireless LED Puck Lights with Remote Control 6 Pack
- Touch Light LED Puck Lights Portable Under Cabinet Lighting
Check out these additional posts! Each week I continue to add new posts, Bookmark my site so you can easily check back to find new posts each week.
- 9 Peel And Stick Wallpaper Ideas
- Decorative Throw Pillows for The Couch
- Candles In Vintage Glassware that you will love!
What’s on your floating shelves?
The list if items are endless! Share in the comments your ideas or items that will be on your floating shelf decor!
Leave a Reply