Check out these printable DIY Advent calendar boxes. I created these so that instead of a flat 2D advent calendar, I would have 3D boxes to use for activities, goodies, and small gifts.
My blog periodically contains affiliate links meaning that if you make a purchase, I might make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Purchases made through them are greatly appreciated.
DIY advent calendar boxes
DIY Advent calendar boxes
These Advent calendar boxes once assembled are 2 1/2″ x 2/12″. You can line them up, stack them, but them under a tree. These colorful boxes are festive and whimsical.
Subscribe below for 12 of the Advent calendar boxes and you can count down the 12 days to Christmas.
Or you can purchase the full set of the 25 ADVENT GINGERBREAD BOXES on my Etsy store, since you are reading this, use this 20% off code for a discount! Just type in XMAS22 for the discount.
How do you make an advent calendar box?
This is super easy! Check out all the steps below on how to construct.
- Print on cardstock for a sturdier advent box
- Cut out shape of box, use a scissor, or an Xacto knife to get into small areas ( as shown)
- Fold at all sides- use a straight edge like a ruler or side of a table. (All directions are illustrated in the free download.)
- Glue tab to opposite side of box to form all 4 sides of the box- let glue set before continuing
- Fold all 4 bottom tabs, to close bottom of advent calendar box
- fold in 2 side tabs and fold over and close the box, It’s that easy!
- Fill with either fun activities or small gifts.
Supplies for DIY Advent paper boxes
Below are all the supplies I used for these:
Using Cardstock gives your the structure you will need for these printable advent box templates. Made for printing and can easily cut and make.
Craft glue, or glue stick needed to glue tab to complete box. I personally like the craft glue which I think is a little stronger for this specific project.
What else can you put in an Advent calendar besides candy?
Lots of things! These boxes finished measurements are 2 1/2″ by 2 1/2″ . Make them out of cardboard to support small gifts. Or make in a lighter weight paper and add printed slips of paper with activities for month long fun.
Below are a list of some activities that can be placed in each of the Advent calendar Gingerbread houses.
- Bake cookies
- Read a book about Christmas
- Make paper crowns
- Write or color Christmas cards
- Decorate the tree
- String popcorn for garland
- Make a handmade ornament as a gift for someone
- Make paper snowflakes
- Have a dance party
- Donate food to a local pantry
- Take a walk and look for your favorite decorated house
- Play a game of Charades
- Watch a Christmas movie
- Play a board game
- Make a gingerbread house
The list goes on add your own ideas to personalize your Advent Activities. You can also buy these premade tokens that can fill your advent gingerbread houses and complete the look! I have listed two sellers below, just depends on what you are looking for.
Keep track of your Christmas shopping with these free Holiday gift list printables.
Small gifts for an Advent calendar
This can also be a fun way to spend time each day of the month of December. Fill each Advent Gingerbread house with small gifts.
These Mini cookie cutters will fit into your advent houses. Stick a cookie recipe in with these and a whole activity os ready to go!
Fun flavorful chapsticks will put anyone into the holiday mood!
Pocket sze IQ puzzles are fun brain teasers, for lots of fun.
1000, non repeating Christmas stickers, pack a whole house full of these for some fun decorating.
Christmas pins, decorate a backpack, sweater. Christmas tree,snowman, reindeer, candy cane,Santa Claus and so on.All classic Christmas elements, full of festive atmosphere, looks so cute with bright colors.
Never lose their keys again! Keep track of and find your items alongside friends and devices in the Find My app. hese Airtags can be a useful gift for one of the advent boxes.
Put your airtag into this silicone AirTag keychain which is the perfect way to keep your AirTag safe and secure while on the go.
Like what you found? check out these additional posts for some more printable ides!
- December Calendar Printable- A gift for you!
- Christmas Care Package-printables
- Printable Advent Calendar Template-That Are Gingerbread houses!
Thanks for stopping by!