My blog periodically contains affiliate links meaning that if you make a purchase, I might make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Purchases made through them are greatly appreciated.
Table of Contents
Open When Letters
In this post I share open when letters that I created for boyfriend, girlfriend or even a spouse. These fun and sentimental open when letters for boyfriend or girlfriend are a great way to support any loved one who may be long distance or even deployed.
I created these open when letters for boyfriend, girlfriend or spouse when I saw the need for little things like, a word of encouragement, a sentimental note, an I love you. Part of the magic of these open when envelopes is the special momentums that these can be filled with. Each stack of “Open When” letters will be unique depending on the content.
Open When printables – Message on each
- Open now – which explains the envelopes
- When you need some extra love
- Miss my kisses
- Can’t sleep
- it’s your birthday
- You’re feeling sad
- Miss my scent
- You are missing me
- Want to see me
- Need a good laugh
- We have had a fight
- We have said goodbye
- A stressful day
- Feeling sick
- you are bored
- Blank labels to fill in exactly what you want
First open when letter
- This letter should be the first one opened so they know what to expect:
- No peeking!
- Open only, when the mood applies at the moment.
- Open sparingly, make them last.
- Let me know when you open one.
- Save them to remember all that we have
Open when items for your envelopes
- Funny stories: to brighten their day, or remind them to not take themselves too seriously.
- Trinkets: A small momentum that can be memory evoking and cherished.
- Handwritten notes: Sometimes just your loving words are all they need to read.
- Quotes: This can be perfect when some motivation is needed.
- Giftcards: Gift cards, to a favorite coffee shop, cafe, or bookstore.
- Fun photos: A great reminder of fun days and loving moments.
Open when letter ideas
Open when you miss my kisses– pretty strips of paper kissed by your lips, adding some hershey kisses for an added sweetness!
Open when you can’t sleep– a packet of herbal tea and a suggestion of a meditation link from YouTube.
Open when it’s your birthday– Perfect envelope to tuck away a birthday gift to be opened on his/her special day.
You are missing me-Photos of A fun event so to remember the fun times, and the ones that will be had in the future.
You are feeling sick – a packet of tylenol, a packet of herbal tea, small packet of tissues.
Need a good laugh– We all have funny stories, this is the perfect moment to write down the event and share a long lost memory that is sure to give a laugh!
Missing my scent– This is self explanatory, but its up to you exactly what you put your scent on and tuck away for this fun envelope gift!
I love a Printable! You can check out my other printables here, I have lots of great ideas, and free printables. Take a look and feel free to download and use them for your personal use and gift making.
How to Create Open when letters
Below, download and print out the open when labels. Cut them out, and use either double stick tape or glue stick to adhere them into the center of either store bought envelopes, check these from Amazon here or use the envelope template below to create your own. These open when labels are sized for 4 3/8″x 5 3/4″ envelopes.
FREE TEMPLATE FOR ENVELOPE-click download button below
You can easily buy these craft envelopes here on Amazon, or if you are like me, make your own! Below Is a printable 4 3/8″ x 5 3/4″ envelope template that you can print and cut out as is, or use as a template and make your own envelope using any letter size construction, craft, or novelty paper.
Open when letters make a perfect gift to send your boyfriend, girlfriend or spouse an unexpected surprise that they can receive with lots of fun moments. You can print these out on fun construction paper, craft paper or regular paper and add your own personal touch.
Open when labels work perfectly on the following:
- Invitation size envelopes-As displayed on this post
- Large colored envelopes– for larger contents for open when envelopes, then fill a flat rate USPS box
- Small gift bags, Stick your labels on these, Also fill a flat rate USPS box and ship out!
Print out the envelope template. Crease all dotted lines. Fold both small side tabs in then fold longer bottom tab up. Use either double stick tape, or glue stick and attach the sides of the larger tabs to the side tabs. (See image above). Fold top tab over, for envelope flap. Once you fill your open when envelopes you can seal them with some glue stick, double stick tape, regular tape, or if you are really fancy, a wax seal!
Printable- open when letters
Yep! I am sharing my printables that can be used to create your own “Open When” packet to send to your boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse. Open when for a military spouse. Add your own twist on these fun free open when printables by using the open when blank templates.
Open when for additional occasions
Below are my Additional open when series take a look for the next batch
Each one was created with a graphic that I designed to reflect each envelopes purpose. Once tied up in a bundle they all have a unified, yet individual look for fun each time one of these “open when” envelopes are opened. I sprinkled with a good helping of confetti to keep these festive and appealing.
Fun stuff for Open when envelopes
- Brown Kraft A2 Invitation Envelopes Self Seal 4 3/8 x 5 3/4– My open when labels fit best on this size, but you can use other sizes as well.
- Wallet Insert Card – perfect for an open when envelope
- ShineSand Custom Tungsten Ring
- Custom Face Socks with Picture– Now who wouldn’t smile at these?
- Couple Keychain
- Starbucks Gift Card– You can also purchase digital download ones, for an instant gift card.
- Multicolor Glitter Confetti Sequins– This always adds a festive mood to anything
- Tazo Herbal Tea Tea Bags– love herbal tea, these small packets are perfect to send.
- 100 day Hero Comes Home Homecoming
- I Love You Morse Code Bracelet
- Genuine Rosewood Ballpoint Pen Writing Set
Create your own Open When Letters
So many amazing ideas out there! I gave 16 open when letters for boyfriend, girlfriend or spouse, but there are so many more open when letter ideas, below is a list of some additional open when ideas. All you need to do is create your own open when printable and place them on an envelope! I have included a few blank open when labels just for this. The ideas are endless.
- Just because
- Need a pep talk
- You are not home for a holiday
- First unpack
- you need a massage
- I graduate/ you graduate
- you are doubting yourself
- you are feeling lazy
- it is raining
- you want to hear a poem
- you’re at the airport
- you’re halfway through your flight
- you land at your destination
- Need motivation
- you are in the mood for a good quote
- Got a new job
- It’s the first day of Spring,Summer, Fall,Winter
- losing faith
- Open whenever
Please note that all designs on my site are for personal use only, and may not be sold, altered, redistributed or claimed as your own. A lot of hard work has gone into making these. Thank you for respecting my terms!
DOWNLOAD BELOW- Your free Open When labels
Share your open when letter creations in the comments. Always love to see how people utilize what I make and what they create on their own.