My blog periodically contains affiliate links meaning that if you make a purchase, I might make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Purchases made through them are greatly appreciated.
Let’s get busy with this college student care package for Halloween! Yes, every college student loves a care package. What better way to send one than this creative Halloween care package that I made for my daughter, Emma who is away at college.
What college student doesn’t love a care package?
If you have been following along on my posts, I created a really successful Open when envelopes for college students that were a huge hit! This was the first care package that your college student went off to college with. Why not follow up with this fun care package for Halloween? who doesn’t love to receive mail, or better yet a package while away at school!
Printable Labels for Halloween care package
I created these fun printable labels that will make this Halloween care package super fun for your college student to open up. What’s great about this is it can be used for any college student. Take a look at the printable labels that are included in this post.
Halloween care package labels
Flap labels were sized to a medium size flat rate USPS box, however you can still use these on a large flat rate USPS box, just center the label and use more of the white paper that surrounds them.
- Flap Labels- so when the box is opened your theme is there!
- Chocolate bar wrapper
- Headers for bugs and kisses, Happy Halloween, witch’s nails, and crunchy treats
- Tags, for additional items
- Trick or treat “smell my feet” – perfect for themed socks that will be cozy for the fall
Box for your Halloween care package box
Go to your local USPS location and pick up a box for free! All labels can be sized down. My printable Halloween labels have been sized for USPS flat rate boxes, however, you can also use an amazon box that you may have, just print out the labels and size to what you need..
- USPS flat rate box sizes:
- Large flaps are 11 3/4 – 12″x6″
- Medium size ( this is more a rectangle box) flaps: 10 3/4″x 4 1/4″, 8 1/4″x 4 1/4″
- Small 8.5″x5.5″
Items that cannot be shipped in these care package boxes
I know! we all know the list, but I was surprised that when I looked that nail polish and perfume were on this list for ground transportation only. So take a moment to look at it. The link is here for that information for USPS shipping restrictions.
Pricing for flat rate USPS boxes
Again you can find all this information on the USPS website here at usps.com. However with one flat rate, lots can be packed into these boxes.
You can pack up to 70 pounds! Now that’s a lot of Halloween treats! So don’t forget to put in some non Halloween items that your college student may need. This way you can ship one box with everything.
First step is to place flap labels on box
These have been sized for the medium size flat rate USPS box.
- The “Happy Halloween” & “Trick or Treat” can be cut out and either glued or printed on sticker sheets and placed on flaps- see my images for placement.
- Allover printed bats and spider paper can be cut down and sized to the other flaps.
Header cards for treats
I used sandwich sized zipper bags for my treats, I sized the header labels specific to these. Print this out on card stock for a heavier header. You can use regular paper, as well and secure either by stapling or taping header card folded in half at top of zipper bag.
Halloween care package labels
In addition, I made some cute labels, you can also print these out on cardstock there is a hole. Use a hole puncher at the top and thread a thin ribbon. Tie ribbon around item and tie in a pretty bow!
Because who couldn’t use another pair of socks? I found a cute pair of Halloween ones for Emma. Cut the wrapper out then taped for a complete look.
Paper for care package printables
- Printable White Sticker Paper– Perfect to use with your printer, once printed cut to size, and stick on!
- Cardstock paper– use this for the header cards so they can hold your zip lock tops, just print then use some glue stick or double sided tape
- Regular print paper– yep you can also use this! Again, print then use either glue stick or double sided tape
CARD STOCK HACK: No card stock on hand? easy! take your Halloween printable and glue stick it to another piece of blank paper. Then cut out your printable, there you have it, a thicker printable label.
Your box is now ready to fill! How easy was that?
Free printable download below!
Please note that all designs on my site are for personal use only, and may not be sold, altered, redistributed or claimed as your own. A lot of hard work has gone into making these. Thank you for respecting my terms!
Just download and print! super easy! So that you can start your Halloween care package box. My Printables were designed and used on a medium size flat rate box. However that doesn’t mean you can’t use them for the large flat rate box. Be creative, cover the larger flaps with construction paper so that these smaller labels can be framed.
Creative wrapping ideas
You don’t need to just add printed labels or tags. By wrapping certain items in these creative ideas, you can add another fun touch to your care package.
- Use paper towels and some ribbon and make “ghosts” out of lollipops
- I used 1/2 a paper towel then cut that in half for two squares
- wrap around head of lollipop, then tied with black and orange ribbon
- used a Sharpie and drew a ghost face!
- Super simple and easy to do!
Check out how this care package turned out!
Once I created all my printables I got to work! I had so much fun putting this together. It will be ready to be shipped out to Emma for a fun care package surprise for Halloween!
Ideas for your care package
The ideas are endless! Depending on your college student and what they like. Some of these care packages can be treat laden while others can have more of a self care theme. You get to choose and make your College Student Care Package- For Halloween unique to fit student.
- Spooky Eyes Halloween String Lights
- Sweet Water Decor Pumpkin Spice Candle
- 64Pcs Bats Wall Sticker Halloween Decor
- Tarot Cards
- Black Plastic Spiders
- Stretchy Spider Web
- Halloween Novelty Socks
- Temporary Tattoos Stickers
The list can go on and on!
Additional items to add to your care package
Fill your package with some fun additional items! check out some additional ideas below!
- Glow sticks– Fun to share
- Witches brew mug– great for morning coffee
- Fun masks– This one adds a little personality for the month of October
- Tarot cards– These pretty deck of cards can be a fun activity for your college student with other college friends.
- hand cream– Keep those hands moisturized!
- Hot chocolate packages– As the mornings and nights become cooler, this is a great treat in any dor room.
- Googly eyes– fun to attach to anything to make more spooky
- Halloween Word Search Puzzle Book – anyone who loves these!
- Jack-O-Lantern Paper Lanterns– for decorating a dor or apartment.
Package your items securely
Once you have packaged up all your goodies in your Halloween care package, add some filler so your items stay secure. I decided to use cobwebs and spiders to finish off the look!
- Spider Web- yep and add some spiders to finish it off!
Check out my fun video on how I compiled this care package for halloween!
Halloween care package printables. Link in bio. #halloween #carepackage #diy #printable♬ Halloween Party – MaxMusicMax
Shop ready made care packages
Not everyone wants to DIY a care package, so below are some great alternatives that can be sent to your college student. Take a look!
Below are some additional posts that you may find helpful for your College student.
- 15 Open When Letters For College Students
- 2021-22 Calendar Template-Perfect for the school year!
- Cute Daily Planner-Lots of Options!
- Cute Weekly Planner-6 to choose from!
Share in the comments below your Halloween care package for your college student. Love to see what others are doing and how their care packages turned out!
I would love to print your box labels for this care package but I have subscribed and put my email in to download them and have not received anything yet. It’s been a few hours and I have checked my spam box.
Hi Angelie, there is a downlaod button under the subscribe button. Click on that and you will receive the free Open when blanks.
Jen H. says
I also am unable to download this after entering email.
Hi I was having some technical difficulty, please try again!
It may be user error but after subscribing I am still unable to locate a downland button – am I missing something?
Hi! You will receive a confirmation email, once you confirm your the file will be there!
Check your spam folder if you havent recieved it.