My blog periodically contains affiliate links meaning that if you make a purchase, I might make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Purchases made through them are greatly appreciated.
Let’s get busy with this Thanksgiving care package DIY! Yes, who doesn’t love a care package? What better way to send someone who maynot be with you, a fun Thanksgiving Day care package.So let’s get started.
Table of Contents
Who to send a Thanksgiving care package to
What better way to send someone who may not be with you, in a fun Thanksgiving care package.
- Long distant Boyfriend or girlfriend
- A college student
- Loved one in the military, deployed
- An elderly relative or friend who would appreciate a package!
Who doesn’t love a care package?
I created a similar Halloween care package that I made for my daughter, Emma who is away at college. You can check that out here College Student Care Package- For Halloween! It was a big hit!
Printable Labels for Thanksgiving care package
I created these fun printable labels that will make this Thanksgiving care package super fun for anyone to open up. So take a look at the printable labels that are included in this post.
Care package labels
Flap labels were sized to a medium size flat rate USPS box, however you can still use these on a large flat rate USPS box, just center the label and use and additional piece of white paper or the printed leaf paper to fill up the flap size. Be creative!
Box for your care package box
Go to your local USPS location and pick up a box for free! All labels can be sized down. My printable Thanksgiving Day labels have been sized for USPS flat rate boxes, however, you can also use an amazon box that you may have, just print out the labels and size to what you need..
- USPS flat rate box sizes:
- Large flaps are 11 3/4 – 12″x6″
- Medium size ( this is more a rectangle box) flaps: 10 3/4″x 4 1/4″, 8 1/4″x 4 1/4″
- Small 8.5″x5.5″
Items that cannot be shipped in these care package boxes
I know! we all know the list, but I was surprised that when I looked that nail polish and perfume were on this list for ground transportation only. Take a moment to look at it. The link is here for that information for USPS shipping restrictions.
Pricing for flat rate USPS boxes-currently!
You can find all this information on the USPS website here at usps.com. However, you can pack up to 70 pounds! So now that’s a lot of Thanksgiving Day treats! So don’t forget to put in some extra items. This way you can ship one box with everything.
First step is to place flap labels on box
These have been sized for the medium size flat rate USPS box.
- The “Happy Thanksgiving” & “I’m Thankful for you” can be cut out and either glued or printed on sticker sheets and placed on flaps- see my images for placement.
- Allover printed leaf paper has one with dotted premeasured lines for the other shorter flaps, and one without that can be printed and placed at the bottom of the box. So you can complete the look!
Paper for care package printables
- Printable White Sticker Paper– Perfect to use with your printer, once printed cut to size, and stick on!
- Cardstock paper– use this for the header cards so they can hold your zip lock tops, just print then use some glue stick or double sided tape
- Regular print paper– yep you can also use this! Again, print then use either glue stick or double sided tape
CARD STOCK HACK: No card stock on hand? easy! take your printable and glue stick it to another piece of blank paper. Then cut out your printable, there you have it, a thicker printable label.
Your box is now ready to fill! How easy was that?
Free printable download below!
Please note that all designs on my site are for personal use only, and may not be sold, altered, redistributed or claimed as your own. A lot of hard work has gone into making these. Thank you for respecting my terms!
Just download and print! super easy! This way you can start your Thanksgiving Day care package box. My Printables were designed and used on a medium size flat rate box. However that doesn’t mean you can’t use them for the large flat rate box. Be creative, cover the larger flaps with construction paper so that these smaller labels can be framed.
Creative items to put in your Thanksgiving box
Below are 3 themed ideas for a Thanksgiving care package. Therefore, it all depends on what you want to go for. You can either keep it themed or mix and match for your own customized Thanksgiving day care package.
- Wellness/ Self care
- Seasonal fall items
Food inspired item to add to your care package
- Stosh’s Classic Kettle Corn Popcorn
- Bombombs Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Organic Maple Syrup
- Jules Destrooper Butter Crisps
- Happy Belly Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Organic Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
- Whole Foods Market, Stuffing Mix Traditional Organic
- Cranberries Dried Sweetened Organic
- Deluxe Salted Mixed Nuts
Self care inspired item to add to your care package
Who doesn’t love some self care? To receive a thanksgiving care package full of ites to take care of yourself. Now that’s a real treat!
- Voluspa Spiced Pumpkin Latte Japonica Glass Jar Candle
- Pinch Provisions Minimergency Kit
- Vitamin C Brightening Serum
- Urban Skin Rx Purifying 2-in-1 Pumpkin Pore Detox Mask & Scrub
- Poppy & Pout Lip Balm- wild honey
- Smith’s Rosebud Salve
- Patchology Best In Snow Hand & Foot warm up Kit
- Baudelaire Small Wool Sponge
Seasonal fall items to add to your care package
Fill your package with some fun additional items! check out some additional ideas below!
- Apple Hill Candle Co Natural Scented Soy Candle
- Taylors of Harrogate Assorted Specialty Teas Box
- Printed & Plaid Dishtowel Set
- Tumbler Double Wall Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Travel Mug
- Pumpkin Harvest Mug
- Colorblocked Tech Gloves
- Corduroy Pumpkins
- Grateful/Thankful Rotating Table Top Decorative Accent
Package your items securely
Once you have packaged up all your goodies in your Thanksgiving Day care package, add some filler so your items stay secure.
Below are some additional posts that you may find helpful.However I have many more so check out my homepage for everything.
Shop ready made care packages
Not everyone wants to DIY a care package, so below are some great alternatives that can be sent to your loved one. Take a look!
Share in the comments below your Thanksgiving Day care package. I Love to see what others are doing and how their care packages turned out!