My blog periodically contains affiliate links meaning that if you make a purchase, I might make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Purchases made through them are greatly appreciated.
In this blog I share my process of how to paint wrought Iron furniture. A while back I started painting my mismatched bedroom furniture. You can read that post here to see the whole transformation of my painted wood pieces. I decided to take my wrought iron bed frame that I have had for many years and give it a refresh. Turning the hunter green into a black satin finish. This transformed it into an updated wow piece.
I pulled apart my frame in order to take it outside to paint my wrought iron furniture piece. note* Never spray paint indoors! paint will go everywhere! One good thing about indoor wrought iron is that it has never been in an outdoor element. It was not rusted, or chipped so no sanding was required.
My sister Nicole came in for San Francisco for the month of September. She and I created Double Arrow designs together in 2013 after our fathers passing. You can read about our journey and story here. We no longer have the business together. So I loved the opportunity for her to do a guest appearance and help me with this redo. It was super fun because we had spent so many saturdays in the past having a meal and doing a project.
Steps to painting wrought iron furniture
- Wipe down all your pieces. always start with a clean slate.
- Take all pieces apart, save all screws, hardware in a bucket so you don’t lose anything!
- Lay a huge tarp outside and leaned them up vertically.
- Use Rustoleum spray paint. I used Rustoleum 2x Paint & primer in a black satin finish.
- Evenly spray a thin coat, and keep moving around each piece. I like to layer coats as I go to avoid build up and drips.
- Let dry, re assemble and dress the bed!
I am now ready to accessorize my bedroom. My beautiful black wrought iron bed frame as the focal point. Loving the blush chenille throw for the upcoming winter months. By adding a few decorative pillows you can really finish off this whole look. You can check out my blog on decorative pillows here for some fun inspirational picks.